1. State FarmState Farm is a great auto insurance company for anyone who wants a local agent, a personalized experience and cheaper-than-average rates.
2. GeicoGeico is one of the cheapest auto insurance companies. It offers national availability and an easy shopping experience.
3. ProgressiveProgressive offers especially competitive rates to drivers with previous accidents. However, claims satisfaction ratings and coverage options are average.
4. AllstateAllstate typically has better-than-average claims satisfaction ratings, but higher rates. However, the insurer offers a variety of discounts that can make policies more affordable for customers.
5. USAAUSAA is one of the best auto insurers in the country. You'll enjoy extremely competitive rates, great customer service and speedy claims responses from USAA. The only downside is USAA's restricted membership.
6. FarmerFarmers offers decent discounts, coverage options and great customer service. However, Farmers' expensive rates may be a negative for some shoppers.
7. Liberty MutualLiberty Mutual's rates vary by location more than the typical insurer, and customers rank the company's claims satisfaction process as below average.
8. NationwideNationwide is below average for affordability, and its customer reviews tend to lean negative. Nationwide offers standard coverages and discounts you’d expect from a large national insurer.
9. American FamilyAmerican Family is a solid choice for auto insurance. The company offers decent rates, which have the potential to be great when policyholders take advantage of some of its many discounts.
10. TravelerModerate complaint ratings and a variety of discounts make Travelers a good choice for auto insurance coverage.